11-29-16 Research NOtes
there are 3 different ways to establish an EndNote Web account.
EndNote® enables you to move seamlessly through your research process with flexible tools for searching, organizing and sharing your research, creating your bibliography and writing your paper. You can sync your EndNote library across your desktop, online, and iPad so all your references, attachments, and groups can be accessed from anywhere.
Search hundreds of online resources for references for references and PDFs including Web of Science, EBSCOhost, Ovid, ProQuest, JSTOR, PubMed, and many more.
Build bibliographies in over 5,000 styles.
Automatically update older references and links.
Create and reformat bibliographies in Microsoft® Word.
Use Smart Groups to automatically organize references.
Watch references appear as you write with patented Cite While You Write® technology.
- Access and manage your research from your desktop, online, and your iPad.
- Share references with colleagues.
- Find full text for your references in one click.
- Expedite your manuscript submissions to scholarly journals.
- Access your password-protected reference library
- anywhere, at any time.
- Download references and full text from just
- about any online data source, such as PubMed,
- GoogleScholar and Web of Science.
- Sync your reference library to multiple computers
- and your iPad (App Purchase Required).
- Share your references with colleagues and other
- users around the world.
- Cite While You Write™ in Microsoft® Word to insert
- references and format papers as you’re writing.
- And so much more…
EndNote demo on YouTube
ENDNOTE ONLINE, formerly EndNote Web
online counterpart to our popular desktop reference management and bibliography creation software. Whether you use EndNote online through Web of Science, with EndNote desktop, or on its own — it helps you reduce the time you spend searching, updating, and cleaning your research and formatting documents. Depending on how you access EndNote online, you may see different features and options.
To import references in a plain text file, data in the file must be tagged in machine-readable format.
- Click Import References under the Collect tab.
- Browse to select the text file.
- Select the import filter that matches the database where you created the file.
- Click the Import button
recorded trainings, live expert-led WebEx sessions and downloadable materials at endnote.com/training
Note: Web of Science is part of DigiTop
“This user has Web of Science. In addition to the basic features, this users has extra styles and will see Times Cited counts and other Web of Science data and links in their library.”
And here is a list made by TR that honestly reads as justification for using Zotero instead:
Additional features only available in EndNote desktop:
• Targeted and advanced search capabilities
• Automatically update the references in your library
• Automatically find the full text for your references
• Find duplicates and update your references
• Add annotations and comments to your PDFs and attachments
• Email references and attachments
• Easily import PDFs, folders, and sub-folders
• Designate a watch folder for automatically adding PDFs as your working
• Auto-suggest for key fields to ease entry process
• Pre-built lists for journals let you to use journal titles or abbreviations in your bibliography, regardless of which one appears in the reference
• Create and customize bibliography styles to fit your need
• Create your reference type if we don’t already have it
• Create bibliographies with sub heading or sections, organized any way you want. Or add multiple bibliographies in one document
• Filing and categorizing tools to assist in organization